CPA Upper School recently celebrated College Week. Normally, College Week at CPA means dozens of universities visit the Academy all throughout the week. This year, CPA College Counseling found new ways to engage students.
Here are some of the fun things college counselors led during the week:
- Daily trivia contests for a gift card prize
- College counseling office windows were decorated with daily stats and fun facts about student applicants
- All underclassmen activated their Scoir accounts! Scoir is the college search software that counselors and students use throughout the college search and application process.
- Advisories competed in a Scoir scavenger hunt in order to understand the platform better. Winning advisories from each grade earned delicious Crumbl Cookies. Normally counselors are pampering college guests on campus; this year, they got to pamper students!
- Teachers filled out forms about their own college experiences to hang on their doors for students to read throughout the week.
- Students took a College Week trivia test for the chance to win a $25 Chick-fil-A gift card.
The week culminated with a ceremonious christening of the new college counseling suite as "The Hub," a name voted on by students. College counselors revealed the name, handing out Hubba Bubba bubble gum (a fun tribute to The Hub), and blessed the space in prayer. The Academy is excited to see the space provide an atmosphere of focus and discernment for students as they work to build their futures beyond CPA.