Uniform Guidelines for All Students - Updated 6/20/12
Uniforms must be worn from the time of a student’s arrival on campus until afternoon dismissal. Parents will be expected to partner with us in the enforcement of the CPA uniform policy prior to their student(s) even leaving home in the morning. All attire must also meet the following guidelines:
1. All uniform items must be originally purchased at Educational Outfitters with the exception of shoes, socks, belts, tights, leggings, and optional CPA outerwear.
2. All clothing must be of appropriate size, worn modestly, and in good repair.
3. Brown or Black Belts are required with pants and shorts.
4. Boys must have all shirts tucked in. Girls must have oxford shirts tucked in.
5. T-shirts and camisoles worn under collared shirts must be white, black or purple and have no visible lettering or graphics. White, black, or purple long-sleeve T-shirts may be worn underneath short-sleeve shirts.
6. Skirts, skorts, and jumpers must be no shorter than 3 inches from the top of the knee. (The 3” size of a standard 3” x 5” index card will serve as a consistent means of measurement.) All girls K-12 are required to wear black shorts, leggings or tights underneath the jumper and skirt.
7. All shoes must be closed-toe. Grades K-6: may wear predominately white, grey or black athletic shoes with matching laces and non-marring soles; shoes may have a minimal amount of contrasting color such as a stripe or logo; Merrell-style jungle mocs in tan suede and black Mary Jane with rubber soles are permitted. Grades 7-12: are required to wear brown or black leather shoes; moccasins and slippers are not allowed. No boots/Uggs may be worn unless specified by the administration.
8. White or Black Socks must be worn at all times. Acceptable alternatives for girls are black, white or grey opaque tights. Patterned tights or leggings are not acceptable.
9. Hair must be clean and neat. Boys must have hair that is cut above the collar in the back, above the bottom of the ears so ears are visible, and above the eyebrows. Boys must be clean shaven. Hair accessories or scarves must be white, purple, or black. No hair style, hair color, or hair accessory that draws attention to the individual is permitted.
10. Boys are not permitted to have visible piercing. Girls are only allowed to have pierced ears visible. No gauges are permitted. Boys and girls with non-conforming piercings are NOT allowed to wear them on jeans/comfy days.
11. Hats are not permitted inside the buildings during the school day, except with permission during specially designated events and occasions.
12. On Chapel days, middle and high school students must wear Chapel attire. Boys wear a white oxford shirt, required tie, khaki pants, belt, required socks, and leather shoes. Girls wear a uniform skirt, tucked in white button-down oxford shirt, required socks or tights, and leather shoes.
Click HERE for the Educational Outfitters of Nashville website to see a list of uniform options available by grade level. (The school code is TN01000.)
Educational Outfitters: Moving To New Location
Beginning June 1, Educational Outfitters, the Academy's uniform vender, is moving from Cool Springs to a new location: 205 Powell Ave Suite B, Nashville, 37204. (I-65 N/S, Armory Dr. Exit, slight right towards 100 Oaks Mall, store directly ahead.)
Special promotions for May and June include: May: Gift Card Sale. 15% off all gift card purchases over $100. June: Polo Sale. Buy 3 and save $3 off student sizes and $4 off adult sizes.
TWO Educational Outfitters Locations:
205 Powell Ave Suite B
Nashville, TN 37204
1731 Mallory Lane
Brentwood, Tennessee 37027